[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline LucTopic starter
Silver Member

Live it is a treasure to enrich the spirit
Thank you14

Activity
0%
Male
France
Referrals: 0

3491.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Fisher F75, Tesoro Eldorado
« on: May 03, 2010, 01:11:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Nicolas Flamel  (1330-1418)

Public writer born in 1330 and died in 1418, he had a shop next to the Tour Saint-Jacques, at Pontoise, he acquired a good education, decided to go to Paris to perform clerical occupations, notary and bookseller.

A dream that he predicted would come into possession of a book written by a certain Abraham and allowing it to achieve the Great Work.

Everything changes when a stranger he sold a book for two florins. This manuscript of Abraham the Jew, supposed to contain the secret of making the Philosopher's Stone that would change his life and that of his wealthy wife, Lady Pernelle. It will turn into an alchemist and will devote his life to deciphering the scrawl.

His research will not be motivated by greed but by a spiritual impulse. After three years of hard work, he finally reached his goal. According to one of his wills, it would be able to discover the secret of the Philosopher's Stone, a token of eternity, and the means to transmute lead into gold, April 25, 1382. From his own words, Nicolas Flamel did not create the gold three times.

The book was composed of 3 times 7 sheets (21). He was 21 years of research before finding the man who could explain the book. The deciphering of the book took him three years and the Work at the Red White and took him three tries (the second 103 days after the first).

Flamel and his wife, Lady Pernelle, lived modestly and used their wealth to help others. Nicolas Flamel has funded fourteen hospitals and built three chapels, seven churches and some houses.

Curiously, while the rest of his life, he lived as a patron, being built or renovated many buildings, but at his death, leaving only a thin legacy.

In 1407, Flamel and his wife, Lady Pernelle, are building a three story house at 51 rue de Montmorency, nestled in the 3rd arrondissement of Paris. They adjust to the hostel for the poor, to serve as a refuge for the homeless at the time. In exchange, they asked only to say a few prayers, as evidenced by the inscription on the cornice, restored in the early twentieth century.

Alchemy was born, in fact, to Alexandria to the ninth century BC: in Arabic, "Al-Kimiya" means "philosopher's stone". The goal is the manufacture of the philosopher's stone which transmutes base metals into gold and allows the preparation of the panacea or universal remedy. The language of alchemy is to remain willfully esoteric than insiders. The bodies are classified into solid, liquid and vapor and by color. They interact according to notions of sympathy and antipathy.

The alchemy came to Europe with translations of Arab alchemists who seized their ideas amplified assigning all possible virtues in this mysterious gold, which they claimed to extract themselves imperfect metals such as mercury, lead, etc..
The scholars who have devoted themselves to alchemy in the Middle Ages had more names than the alchemists: Children's Art, The Insider, Cosmopolitans, Fans, The Rosicrucians, blowers, or The Hermetic philosophers ...

In 1407, Flamel and his wife, Lady Pernelle, are building a three story house at 51 rue de Montmorency, nestled in the 3rd arrondissement of Paris. They adjust to the hostel for the poor, to serve as a refuge for the homeless at the time. In exchange, they asked only to say a few prayers, as evidenced by the inscription on the cornice, restored in the early twentieth century.

Hermetic philosophy was to search for the philosopher's stone, the universal panacea, and the great work, was the art of finding water, which gives a wonderful health and eternal youth, and change the metal gold.

"" Gold, they said, is all natural bodies the most compact, heavier, more immune to attack by fire, water and air, is the king of metals. ""

It existed in the early Middle Ages an important relationship between alchemy and astrology. At that time, seven metals were known (Au, Ag, Cu, Fe, Sn, Pb, Hg) and astrology were 7 planets. The association stood thus:

Sun - gold (Au)
Mercury - mercury (Hg)
Venus - copper (Cu)
Moon - silver (Ag)
Mars - iron (Fe)
Jupiter - tin (Sn)
Saturn - Lead (Pb)

There are an infinite number of treaties of alchemy, almost all written in mystical language, which provide formulas or recipes to make the great mysterious work.

Important discoveries are due to their laborious manipulations and patient example:

- Preparation of mineral acids: nitric, sulfuric and hydrochloric acid, aqua regia, which is capable of dissolving gold, vitriol, but Strong water, the Spirit of Salt, the Spirit of wine (ethanol), Crystals of Venus, the Flower of Jupiter, black powder, Vitriol Moon ... and so on and best!
- Obtaining of some previously unknown elements: antimony, arsenic, bismuth, phosphorus ... Of chemicals: alum, borax, ether, cream of tartar, red lead, lead salts, iron salts, silver salts and more.
- Discover the phosphorescence of barium sulphide ...
- Technical Innovations: crucibles, retorts, bath, scales, filtration, distillation, alloys, purification, crystallization, sublimation, metal ...

Many quacks transformed alchemy witchcraft, also in 1404, Parliament banned the manufacture of gold by alchemy, but it is still accepted by monarchs greedy for wealth. The burnings and hangings of alchemists were more frequent.

Good reading

Luc

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14125.msg89713.html#msg89713

There are 9 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

Alchimie_symbole.jpg
Flamel-figures.jpg
Flamel_portrait.jpg
IMG_3039.jpg
flamel.jpg
maison-nicolas-flamel.jpg
maison_flamel.jpg
nicolasflameltombe.jpg
quatriemepage.jpg

Lucky Luc

Offline Idaho Jones
Gold Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7930.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 01:52:00 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Fascinating stuff Luc Thanks Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14125.msg89720.html#msg89720

Offline LucTopic starter
Silver Member

Live it is a treasure to enrich the spirit
Thank you14

Activity
0%
Male
France

3491.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Fisher F75, Tesoro Eldorado
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 01:59:10 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Many Thanks Idaho Jones  Great

Luc

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14125.msg89726.html#msg89726

Lucky Luc

Offline toleary34
Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

3160.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty Hunter Quick Draw 2
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 02:33:03 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Very interesting, keep stuff like this coming...i love this kind of stuff, knowledge is power

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14125.msg89738.html#msg89738

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 03:06:03 pm »
Go Up Go Down

In recent times, I have turned batteries into gold. Ladies King

Just call me King Midas.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14125.msg89749.html#msg89749

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 03:27:06 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Interesting stuff Luc and don't mind GD he always has some funny comment  Grin

Regards Xavier

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14125.msg89753.html#msg89753

Xavier

So many questions so little time

Offline Idaho Jones
Gold Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7930.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 03:44:47 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Funny you should say batteries and gold, I have often wondered if the old alchemists may have used electroplating to fool some investors into thinking they could turn lead to gold....

It's true though 2 dollars a battery for scrap is good coinage for old car batteries. Thats what I got on my last turn in.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14125.msg89755.html#msg89755

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2010, 04:02:25 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Idaho, mate, I was referring to my detector batteries but scrap batteries work just as well in terms of income! Well done and recycling to boot! How green of you.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14125.msg89757.html#msg89757

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 04:36:13 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
In recent times, I have turned batteries into gold. Ladies King

Just call me King Midas.

I have called you several things and thats not one of them.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14125.msg89768.html#msg89768

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2010, 04:39:13 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by seldom
I have called you several things and thats not one of them.

I know. The emotional scarring is hard to bear. For your information, my parents WERE married when they had me! So there!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14125.msg89769.html#msg89769

Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to: